We are looking for a highly motivated and creative researcher to work within the SISTERS project. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an innovation hardware and software solution using IoT (Internet of Things), sensor technology and cloud-based software. The researcher will be tasked with assisting the other SISTERS project partners in deploying the sensors and collecting data from the trials.
The researcher will:
- Have a clear understanding of the technical requirements of the project, both hardware and software
- Be responsible for identifying hardware solutions as per the requirements of the SISTERS project,
- Liaise with partners to design, develop and test prototype hardware devices where necessary
- Be responsible for communicating with project partners in relation to project scope, technical
- requirements and ensuring deliverables are fulfilled,
- Create and maintain project and technical documentation,
- Work collaboratively with and provide guidance to other team members.
- The successful candidate ideally will have experience in IoT technologies and/or embedded systems preferably
- including sensors, automation and/or robotics and instrumentation. The successful candidate will ideally also
- have experience of cloud based software systems and data analysis related to IoT systems.
All applications to be made on-line.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1.00pm on the 3rd March 2022
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
For details see the MTU vacancies page