IMaR currently has an opening for a Gateway Manager.
Job Role and DescriptionThe Gateway Manager will drive the industry collaboration activity and commercialization focus of the Gateway. S/he will be responsible for promoting, securing and successfully delivering on the targeted level of industrial collaborative projects. The role will involve managing the industrial engagement process with Irish industry, new business development and working closely with the IMaR team, to develop and implement strategies to further progress IMaR competencies through delivering world class research for industry, as well as driving the basic applied research portfolios for each respective strand within the IMaR Technology Gateway. The IMaR Gateway Manager will report to the Vice President for Research, Development and External Engagement at IT Tralee, Enterprise Ireland and the IMaR Industrial Steering Committee. The post is tenable up to 31st December 2017
The appointed candidate will be required to:
- Manage the IMaR Gateway’s research team and research centre facilities to develop opportunities for IMaR by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with IMaR Techno logy Gateway Industrial clients;
- Understand an industry need from a manufacturing perspective and to translate this need as a technology solution to industrial partners;
- Promote, secure and successfully deliver on the targeted level of industrial collaborative projects;
- Develop innovative industrial partnerships, integrating the IMaR Gateway, its programs and activities into the fabric of the national research infrastructure, economic landscape and broader economic development goals and strategies;
- Provide introductions and networking opportunities to facilitate centre growth and development;
- Liaise collaboratively with the relevant inputs of IT Tralee support functions e.g. the Offices of the Vice President for Research, Development and External Engagement, Vice President for CorporateAffairs and Enterprise Ireland;
- Interface with the Institutes Schools and Departments and with appropriate external organisations to facilitate integrated programmes of research, entrepreneurship, technology and knowledg e transfer. In particular, facilitating and ensuring the Institute’s academic staff are integral to and contribute to each research programme under the umbrella of the IMaR Gateway ;
- Provide detailed reports on Gateway activities and strategic planning upon request to IT Tralee management, Enterprise Ireland and the IMaR Industry Steering Committee;
- Work closely with the IMaR research team to develop opportunities for IMaR by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with IMaR Technology Gateway Industrial clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- While an honours bachelor’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline is a minimum requirement, a masters or PhD is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years industry experience in a relevant manufacturing environment
- An ability to conceptualise and facilitate the development of commercial applications for research.
- Experience of working on industry focused innovative projects and the ability to translate the IMaR Gateways technical skills into a technology offer that can deliver innovative solutions for industry partners.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques and approaches in mechatronics; RFID; scientific papers, patents and market intelligence on same.
SalaryA salary of up to €67,720 p.a. will apply to this post depending on qualifications and experience.
Application ProcedureAll applications must be made online at http://www.ittralee.ie
InterviewIt is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 8th October 2015.
LocationThis post is located at IMaR in the Institute of Technology, Tralee however travel will be required to collaborate with Industrial and Academic Partners in the development of research activity.
Information SheetThe information sheet for this post can be downloaded here
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Thursday 1st October 2015