Originally from Blanchardstown in Dublin, where I was employed for 9 years as an electrician until redundancy in 2011.
Moved to Tralee in 2012 to attend the IT Tralee mechanical engineering course and decided to complete the year add-on (Production Engineering).
Upon completion of my degree I gained employment at Callan Technology based in Shannon Co. Clare as a manufacturing engineer. Callan Technology are a manufacturer of high end DC servo motors and tachogenerators used for intelligent motion control and had a number of large scale military contracts with British Aerospace Engineering (BAE).
In 2014 I was made redundant from Callan Technology and decided to avail of the Manufacturing Engineering Management year add-on at IT Tralee. During this time period I applied for a scholarship to undertake a Masters through research and thesis with the IMAR centre in the IT Tralee south campus.
- 2006: Awarded National Craft Certificate as Fully Qualified Electrician for domestic, industrial and commercial installations from DIT Kevin Street College
- 2011: Awarded Higher Cert In Mechanical Engineering from IT Tralee
- 2012: Awarded Level 7 B’Eng in Production Engineering
- 2012 – 2014: Employed as manufacturing engineer at Callan Technology in Shannon Co. Clare, producing high performance precision DC servo motors and tachogenerators for intelligent motion control
- 2014: Awarded and Certified Green Belt Six Sigma in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- 2015: Awarded Level 8 Hon’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Management
Research Areas of Expertise / Interest:
Process Engineering, Mechanical Design, Powder Sampling and Particle Size Determination.
Robust and affordable process control technologies for improving standards and optimising industrial operations.