IMaR is currently accepting application for the following research posts: Strand Leader – Mechatronics Strand Leader – RFID, Data Analytics and IoT Furthur information on these post can be viewed on the IT Tralee vacancies page,ll applications to be made online. Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 29th January 2016.
- Reality Editor which is built on Open Hybrib is well worth checking out as well
- he programmed the car learned how to drive using Lidar and AI.
- TensorFlow AI software last month, this week Facebook have announced their intentions to open up their AI hardware.
- Standard Access who continued their winning streak at the Bank of Ireland start-up awards recently. IMaR worked with them to develop the initial hardware and software prototype for the product with support from Enterprise Ireland.
We currently have an opening for a research assistant to join the IMaR team. Research Assistant – Hardware Design / Electronic EngineeringView job Specification
All applications to be made on-line. Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 7th December 2015. For details see the ITT vacancies page
We currently have an opening for a research assistant to join the IMaR team. Research Assistant – RFID, IoT and Data AnalyticsView job Specification
All applications to be made on-line. Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 4th December 2015. For details see the ITT vacancies page
IMaR currently has an opening for a Gateway Manager.
Job Role and DescriptionThe Gateway Manager will drive the industry collaboration activity and commercialization focus of the Gateway. S/he will be responsible for promoting, securing and successfully delivering on the targeted level of industrial collaborative projects. The role will involve managing the industrial engagement process with Irish industry, new business development and working closely with the IMaR team, to develop and implement strategies to further progress IMaR competencies through delivering world class research for industry, as well as driving the basic applied research portfolios for each respective strand within the IMaR Technology Gateway. The IMaR Gateway Manager will report to the Vice President for Research, Development and External Engagement at IT Tralee, Enterprise Ireland and the IMaR Industrial Steering Committee. The post is tenable up to 31st December 2017
The appointed candidate will be required to:
- Manage the IMaR Gateway’s research team and research centre facilities to develop opportunities for IMaR by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with IMaR Techno logy Gateway Industrial clients;
- Understand an industry need from a manufacturing perspective and to translate this need as a technology solution to industrial partners;
- Promote, secure and successfully deliver on the targeted level of industrial collaborative projects;
- Develop innovative industrial partnerships, integrating the IMaR Gateway, its programs and activities into the fabric of the national research infrastructure, economic landscape and broader economic development goals and strategies;
- Provide introductions and networking opportunities to facilitate centre growth and development;
- Liaise collaboratively with the relevant inputs of IT Tralee support functions e.g. the Offices of the Vice President for Research, Development and External Engagement, Vice President for CorporateAffairs and Enterprise Ireland;
- Interface with the Institutes Schools and Departments and with appropriate external organisations to facilitate integrated programmes of research, entrepreneurship, technology and knowledg e transfer. In particular, facilitating and ensuring the Institute’s academic staff are integral to and contribute to each research programme under the umbrella of the IMaR Gateway ;
- Provide detailed reports on Gateway activities and strategic planning upon request to IT Tralee management, Enterprise Ireland and the IMaR Industry Steering Committee;
- Work closely with the IMaR research team to develop opportunities for IMaR by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with IMaR Technology Gateway Industrial clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- While an honours bachelor’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline is a minimum requirement, a masters or PhD is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years industry experience in a relevant manufacturing environment
- An ability to conceptualise and facilitate the development of commercial applications for research.
- Experience of working on industry focused innovative projects and the ability to translate the IMaR Gateways technical skills into a technology offer that can deliver innovative solutions for industry partners.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques and approaches in mechatronics; RFID; scientific papers, patents and market intelligence on same.
SalaryA salary of up to €67,720 p.a. will apply to this post depending on qualifications and experience.
Application ProcedureAll applications must be made online at http://www.ittralee.ie
InterviewIt is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 8th October 2015.
LocationThis post is located at IMaR in the Institute of Technology, Tralee however travel will be required to collaborate with Industrial and Academic Partners in the development of research activity.
Information SheetThe information sheet for this post can be downloaded here
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Thursday 1st October 2015
Our center manager Dr. Ultan McCarthy introduces the IMaR Technology gateway
Damien Browne CEO of Standard Access spoke to Anna Curtin on Radio Kerry’s In Business program recently where he detailed the trials and tribulations of getting a hardware startup off the ground from Kerry as well as the future plans for the company. Damien spoke about how technical support from IMaR combined with financial support from Enterprise Ireland were key to the development of the product prototype, which allowed the company to not only prove the concept but also secure clients and investment for further development. If you missed it you can check the interview out below or on the Radio Kerry podcast player For more information about Standard Access you can check out standardaccess.co or follow @standardaccess on twitter. If you are like Damien and have a great idea but need some technical help, get in touch ! @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The IMaR gateway currently has an opening for a Research Assistant in RFID and IoT applications. For further information please see the IT Tralee website Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 29th July 2015. It is anticipated that interviews will be held during week commencing 3rd August 2015.
Joanna Kossakowska one of the researcher at IMaR is currently researching methods for improving efficiency of blood collection in Ireland. The main goal of the study is to examine currently available techniques for intelligent profiling of blood donors. This involves examination and identification of most suitable data mining techniques and machine learning algorithms which will be applied on individuals’ historical data in order to predict their future blood donation patterns. This research can be run thanks to the support and collaboration from Irish Blood Transfusion Services. However, further help from volunteers is needed, as a special survey has been developed to provide data for the research. If you would like to know more about the project and participate in the study by filling out the survey please visit: http://blood-donors-research.imar.ie/